Bing Maps UK User Group

UK Bing Maps User Group

you can discuss what you would like to see at future events here, or offer to present yourself

Views: 12

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi,

I'm not from UK and can't attend the meetings but I would like to see a good video presentation with focus on performance issues when dealing with large number of polygons (or any other map elements) using Bing Maps Silverlight control.

Cheers!

Anil

Would be very useful to see how Bing and ESRI tools can be used together

Hi,

I would like to see a presentation that will focus on guidelines and best practices used when migrating an application from AJAX 6.3 control to AJAX 7 control. In particular for applications with extensive use of custom tile and vector layers.

Cheers,

Andrew

Bing Maps on WP7

It is really easy - But what 'killer WP7'  Apps have been developed with Bing on the Wp7.  Issues and opportunities

I'd like to see something on the creation of map tiles for use with Bing Maps. Perhaps topics on creation and storage of custom tiles.

Thanks.

some great ideas so far guys, wp7 is one we have been trying to do for a while now

We can definitely do something on the migration process from v6.x to v7.x too... there's certainly a couple of pitfalls along the way, and I'm sure that there are many areas where a lot of people are going to feel some pain during the upgrade process over the coming year or so.

If I can find a suitable case study, I might write an article detailing my experience of an end-to-end upgrade from v6.x to v7.x and present it at a future meeting (or, if anybody else would like to document their experiences and wants to share them, please let us know).

Keep the ideas coming, folks!

RSS

© 2014   Created by Brian Norman.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service